Thursday, January 13, 2005

NFL 2nd round picks

We are down to the elite 8 in the NFL and my beloved Falcons are still alive. They are a seven point favorite against the Rams in a game that scares me, I must admit. The Falcons beat the Rams early in the year 34-17, but the Rams appear to be playing fairly good football as of late, and of course are a dome team so the friendly confines of the Georgia Dome will not likely intimidate them too much. That being said, the Dome is gonna be rocking and Bulger has had to waste many timeouts the last few weeks because of crowd noise and not getting the play in time. The main keys to the game in my eyes are that the Falcons need to be able to control the clock by setting up a consistent running attack while then mixing it up with play actions to Crumpler and Vick scrambles. We also need a strong showing by our pass rush and defensive backs to stop the Rams potent passing attack which I believe they will use for at least 65% of their plays.
Prediction: Falcons 31 Rams 24

Early Saturday game is Jets and Steelers. If the Chargers had won last week I would have picked them to upset the Steelers. There is something about this Steeler team that I just don't buy. Sure I must tip my hat to their amazing 15-1 record and solid QB play from their rookie (I'm not going to try to spell his name), but something tells me this team will certainly lose either this game or the AFC championship. Actually, fuck it, the Jets have some good defense and I'll take them. Lets call it Jets 23 Steelers 17

Vikings and Eagles. I like the Vikings. They were my second favorite team to play with in 2004 Madden (behind ATL), and have the second most explosive offense in the NFL when it is clicking. The Eagles have overachieved this year I believe, and without T.O, their receiving corps just plain sucks. Unless Westbrook has about three TD's, or Culpepper lays an egg, I really like the Vikings here. How about Vikings 27 Eagles 13

*Game of the week: Colts at Patriots. This is a hell of a matchup and a rematch of the playoffs last year as well as the first week of the season when the Colts barely beat NE. The Colts have been running their offense like a Madden game all season, but the outside conditions and NE defense have given them problems before. The NE secondary is not real good without Ty Law (although they got my boy Earthwind who I went to high school with) and Peyton should have a field day. The keys to this game will be whether New England can get its rushing game going to keep the Colts offense off the field, and whether the officials will allow NE to be physical with the Colts receivers. Although I hope Earthwind has three picks and is MVP, I think him and his mates will get torched once too many times and will lose in a shootout. Colts 30 Pats 24

So for the record, I picked three road teams to win. That is likely very foolish, but thats just what I'm feelin at the moment. Lets shift gears shall we and talk about current events....

Lets see here, Brad and Jen broke up, Ali G about got himself killed, D'angelo was arrested for DUI and drug possession, and what else.. hmm...oh yeah, our PRESIDENT IS A FUCKING DOUCHE BAG!!
Not to go on a rant here, but this guy is, to quote John Stewart from last night on the Daily Show, "Living in the Truman Show". This is a man who proudly proclaims that he doesn't read the papers, a man whose every public appearance is among hand selected people who agree with his policies and won't ask him questions which would of course expose the fact that he knows little about what he is talking about. A man who has led us into a war under false pretenses which has cost us over 1300 troops lives (and counting), while making us the pariah of the rest of the world. He was promoting President Cheney's Social Security Privatization plan yesterday, and some of the things coming out of his mouth would have been insanely comical had I not thought about how this clown is our Commander in Chief. I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt and think that he is just a man in way over his head who obeys his advisors simply because he realizes they are smarter than him, but I am afraid that he is actually an evil man. It is the evil genius of the republican party that they could flip the script on a war hero like John Kerry while Bush was awol from the guard and put Kerry on the defensive. I am by no means a bleeding heart liberal, as I consider myself more of an independent with libertarian tendencies, but the demise of the democratic party troubles me. The Republicans have Congress and the Presidency on lock-down and it does not appear that they will relinquish their power anytime soon. I guess the only thing I can look forward to is that this will all be over in four years. I hope that Bush's presidential inauguration goes very similar to last years with people protesting and booing him. The clown won for real this year, but that doesn't mean we have to like it.
Aaaahh.. I feel a little better now. Here's a gift for sitting through my rant... Mary Jane's boobies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home