Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Oldies but Goodies

Here, in no particular order, are a few of the movies that I watched as a youth that inspired/influenced/cursed me in becoming the person I am today.

1. Cloak and Dagger (Saw it again the other night- real cheese-fest)
2. The Last Starfighter (Classic material)
3. Big Trouble in Little China (Vintage Kurt Russell, and Kim Cattrall actually looks hot)
4. Creepshow (Special Effects are a joke now, but the Ted Danson sketch scared the shit out of me when I was young).
5. Wildcats (Still a great film. All-star cast)
6. Aliens (I liked it better than the original because there was more action. One of my favorite lines of all time- "Game over man, we're all gonna die"
7. Rocky III and IV (Loved them both. Mr.T as Clubber Lang might be one of the most (unintentionally) funny characters in film history.
8. Flowers in the Attic and Mommie Dearest (I was a bit too young to fully understand either of these fucked-up movies. Both are highly disturbing, Kristy Swanson wasn't yet in her prime in Flowers, but gaddamn she looked good in Buffy.
9. Karate Kid (Straight classic. I have "You're the best" downloaded, and bought me a Cobra Kai T-shirt from the web. Dutch was my favorite cause you could tell he was crazy as shit.
10. The Goonies ('Nuff said)

Honorable mentions: Weird Science, Breakfast Club (would be on list but I didn't see this one till later), Explorers, D.A.R.Y.L, The Neverending Story, A Christmas Story, License to Drive (How could you go wrong with both Feldmans and Heather Graham?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home