Monday, February 28, 2005

Name that tune

Here some lyrics of songs I listened to today. Can you name the title and the artist?

1. "I spent all my money, I've been drinking since a half past noon. Well I'll wake there in the morning, or maybe in the county jail. Times are hard, getting harder, I'm born to lose and destined to fail."

2. "But I busted a chair right across his teeth and we crashed through the wall and into the street kicking, and a gouging and the mud and the blood and the beer"

3. "As free market, capitalism and technology expands, the third world's fertile soil becomes a desert wasteland."

4. "Stay in your playpen boy and babble for your formula and cry as you pacify this lullaby from the black butterfly."

5. "Lift the gift from the earth, and whats from the earth is of the greatest worth, so before you knock it, try it first, oh you'll see its a blessing, and its not a curse."

6. "So I went and joined the band, and I went out on tour. And I smoked a lot of heroin, and I passed out in manure. I made out with the groupies, started fires backstage, made a lot of money, and I gave it all away. Well the band got killed, so I started a solo career, and I won all the awards, and I drank all the beer. I opened up a taco stand, just to smell the smell, cooking with the devil, frying down in hell."

7. "And the hangovers hurt more than they used to. And cornbread and iced tea took the place of pills and 90 proof. And it seems like none of us do things quite like we used to do."

8. "We can go and get 40's, fuck going to that party."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home