Friday, April 15, 2005

Anecdote

Once I worked at a golf course. It was a nice, private golf course and I worked as both a caddie and a valet. One day as I came in and parked for the morning shift I felt the strangest feeling. It was a beautiful July day, the sun shining and the trees and flowers in full bloom. As I got out of my car into the 90 degree heat I felt like I wanted to burn out. No, I didn't want to go home and get high and crash in front of the television eating junk food. What I wanted to do was run under that sun. Run and work and run and work and sweat and sweat until I was no more. Until I was nothing but a skeleton running. I suppose at some point I would have collapsed and maybe died. But in that moment I didn't care. Really what would be a better way to die than that, to totally burn yourself up under the hot sun. Instead I went to work and I have never felt that feeling again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home