Tuesday, July 12, 2005

My Nightmare

I don’t remember my dreams that often, but I had a nightmare last night that was pretty fucking crazy and caused me to wake up in the middle of the night with a full recollection of it. It began simply enough, with myself and some friends going to some party that was in the downtown area (was kind of hazy as to what exactly we were going to), but at any rate, there was a few fairly young guys standing around wearing police uniforms. I needed to cross the street, so I walked across and a white officer told me that I was jaywalking and had to come and get a ticket from his car. I argued with him for a minute, but eventually began walking with him after he started threatening me with resisting. He led me down the street, and then began going a strange route over some fences and over into a ghetto area. It is around this time that I began to suspect that these guys weren’t cops at all. He led me to an area where there were a bunch of shady black dudes around, some of them wearing police type uniforms but it was clear that these weren’t cops.
Then the white cop who had led me here turned and walked off into another direction, not saying anything. It was apparent to me now that he had just been trying to lead me here. One guy in particular was stepping up to me aggressively and clearly was about to attack me. I went back up to a fence that was nearby and was trying to climb over it when the guy pulled out a little object that looked like a gun of some sort. He then ran up from behind and “shot” me in the back with it. The funny thing was that it didn’t hurt at all. I scaled the fence and started to run away, but this guy pursued me and kept shooting me with his little gun thing.
At some point I realized that it wasn’t so much like being shot as it was like being injected. Eventually I got away from him and ran up to an area outside a dormitory where an asian guy and a bunch of other guys were smoking from some sort of pipe device. I then somehow knew that the original guy who had been shooting me was actually injecting me with this same drug that these guys were smoking. I said something to the asian guy and he began ranting about the drug (which had no real name but I somehow knew that it was the most addictive drug ever created), and that everyone was doing it now and then they all attacked me and kept firing up their pipes right up on me to try to get me high from their drug.
So I ran, but the whole world was full of people trying to light up this shit right up on me or shoot me with these little gun things that injected me with the drug and I couldn’t get away. Then I finally woke up and realized that this was some fucked up shit and my brain was trying to tell me something. Usually when I have nightmares it involves me having killed someone and I just keep thinking that my life is over as I knew it because I will be going to jail. I’m pretty sure I know what the deal is with those dreams: stop doing dumb shit or your life will be over. As for this one, my interpretation is pretty much the same. I know the dream seems pretty silly as I described it but as I was dreaming it there wasn’t much funny about it.

On another note, Greg Raymer is currently the chip leader at the WSOP main event with only 160+ players remaining out of the original 6600. Phil Ivey is also in the top 10. That is pretty damn amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home