Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Contest

As a youth I used to go out and play outside all the time. That is of course, when I wasn't inside watching shows like Woody Woodpecker, Tom and Jerry, and You can't do that on television. I also enjoyed playing video games.

Can you name these old-school video games?

1. Eaten by a grue (they only live in the dark).
2. The Red ring helps, but you can't win without the silver arrow.
3. On the final stage you can become the Golden Werewolf.
4. up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,b,a,select,start.
5. Don Flamengo is a pussy.
6. Kano will rip your heart out son.
7. The final boss is a toad who you kill by throwing vegetables at him.
8. Gotta have the ice beam to get to the Mother Brain.
9. Alligators, Scorpions, pits, and water are all that can kill you.
10. You gotta kill the bad guys by pumping them up full of air until they pop.

I still own six of the above games and I would be happy to send the winner any of them as a prize. (Except for #5 as I still play it occasionally and consider it a collector's item). Gotta get all ten to win though.

4 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger shoobie said...

2. zelda
3. castlevania?
4. contra (i think there is a left right left right in there, no?)
5. mike tyson punch out
6. mortal kombat
7. i believe mario 2?
8. metroid
9. frogger
10. bubble bobble? (gay)

how many did i get right, i dont feel like googling.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger atlien said...

Six correct. 2,4-8 are right. #10 I may have made too vague but the answer I was going for was the immortal classic Dig-Dug. You got all the nintendo games but (un)fortunately the ghetto Kaypro, Commodore 64, and Sega Genesis I possessed may have doomed you.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger xTx said...

i knew number 10 was dig dug.

number 9 is Pitfall, right???

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger atlien said...

Good call. Since this is so dumb I'll let you all know that #1 is a MS-Dos game called Wishbringer and #3 is Altered Beast. Mike Tyson's punchout was the shit though, I think I'll go home and see if I can still beat Mike.
007-373-5963 is the code that takes you right to him. Damn I'm a dork.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home