Monday, May 09, 2005

Sport Update

"Looking good Louis."
"Feeling good, Valentine." - Trading Places

Shit from the sporting front is going pretty well. The Bravos are in first place and appear to have one of the best starting rotations in the majors. Offensively, they haven't kicked things into high gear, but they are still capable of 16-0 outbursts like the one we put on the Astros last night. Andruw Jones is the only guy who isn't "pulling his weight" so to speak, but I'll give him another month or two before he really draws my wrath.

The plight of the struggling Yankees' also brings a smile to my face as I pretty much hate everyone on that godforsaken team.

NFL wise things are pretty quiet, the Falcons drafted a WR in the first for essentially the third straight year (Peerless came via trade in 2003), and although I was expecting a DL, anything to jumpstart our passing game that resembled a High School offense last year can't be too bad of an idea. I just hope Roddy White is ready to contribute immediately and that Michael Jenkins shows improvement from last year (although to be fair he didn't get alot of snaps to showcase his abilities). Hopefully Vick's STD woes will keep him home watching game film so perhaps our franchise can have our first ever back to back winning seasons. How's that for a pitiful history!

NBA playoffs have been pretty exciting and its looks like my early picks are coming to fruition. I'm not sure the Spurs are going to be up to taking down the Suns in five but I picked it so I'll stand by it for now. And congrats to Steve Nash for winning the MVP as a six foot white dude who probably can't dunk. Maybe shooting and passing do still have a place in the NBA. Who woulda thunk it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home