Friday, August 12, 2005

Excitement

There is little in this world that I like as much as being in Athens, Georgia on a gameday. The beer is flowing, the hotties are out in the tight red and black, and there is just an electricity in the air. I have been studying the Dawgs' schedule and have concluded that if things go correctly in the opener, we stand an excellent chance of being 4-0 going into a Oct. 8 showdown with the Volunteers in Knoxville. The Dawgs' will have an off week going into that game and should be well rested and prepared. Granted it is getting ahead of myself to think that far ahead but gaddamn it I just can't wait for some football to be played! If we can win that game, we will be heavy favorites against Miss St. and Arkansas and be 7-0. If that is indeed the case the showdown with Florida will reach epic proportions. Of course a loss to Boise St. or South Carolina would erase all my ideas of grandeur and would endanger anyone in my immediate vicinity who so much as looks at me funny. College Football is a different animal than the NFL, one loss pretty much dooms your chances of winning it all. There is no wild card. There is only next year. We should be able to run the ball on anyone this year with our three-headed beast of tailbacks along with the best tight end in college football. Git 'er done!

Edit: While surfing the web I found a picture of a friend of mine from college on a website that posts NY city parties. I had no idea he was a hipster now. Small world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home