Thursday, March 10, 2005

Poker Corner

There are few things I enjoy more than playing a little Party Poker while watching the WPT tour on travel channel. Last night was an exceptional final table that had Doyle Brunson come from a 3-1 chip deficit and whoop Lee Watkinson's ass. Of course, from the hands they showed it appeared that Watkinson was cold decked while Doyle was getting good hands, but it was an impressive showing nonetheless. While this was going on I was putting on an impressive display of my own, winning first place in 3 out of 4 cash tournaments I entered. Unfortunately I only requested one hand history, but lets examine some of my hands.

** Dealing down cards **Dealt to cantseefade [ Ac, 9s ]
Magione folds.
cantseefade folds.

This was the first hand of the game. It used to be that I would try to limp in, or even raise with this hand. Now I try to ease back for a minute and see who the maniacs and who the rocks are. Note that this fold was from early position, I may have got a bit more rowdy from later position.

** Dealing down cards **Dealt to cantseefade [ Kh, Kd ]

This is the second hand of the game, I attempt to limp from early position, hoping for a raise because I'm sneaky like that.

cantseefade calls (15)
cliffwilliam calls (15)
bluechar calls (15)
CajunPlayboy folds.
RockinROBT folds.
kkpb7576 folds.
MasterTrav calls (15)
dejamike folds.
HALFRUNNER calls (5)
Magione checks.

Doh!!! No raises. Please be a nice looking board.

** Dealing Flop ** : [ 9d, 2h, 6d ]

Cool. Not real frigtened of this although there could be some people on draws now.

HALFRUNNER checks.
Magione checks.
cantseefade checks.
cliffwilliam bets (20)
bluechar folds.
MasterTrav raises (150) to 150
HALFRUNNER folds.
Magione folds.
cantseefade calls (150)
cliffwilliam calls (130)

I went with the check-raise smooth call here because I'm not entirely sure where I'm at. I thought about pushing all-in here but I figure I can still lay my hand down if something really bad happens, i.e: board pairs nines, ace falls, etc.

** Dealing Turn ** : [ 7d ]
cantseefade checks.
cliffwilliam bets (200)
MasterTrav calls (200)
cantseefade calls (200)

Can't say I wanted to see that card. Somebody likely has a flush. They didn't make it very expensive for me to see the river though, and I do have the Kd- I'll put in 200 more......

** Dealing River ** : [ Ad ]

Tonk Biatch!!!!- I think I'll go all-in with my nut flush (although a str8 flush was possible) here. cantseefade bets (435)
cantseefade is all-In.
cliffwilliam calls (435)cliffwilliam is all-In.
MasterTrav folds.

Needless to say I won the pot... our buddy had cliff had 8,Q of diamonds. He shoulda pushed on the turn although I might have called anyway. I clearly misplayed this hand on every street, but my errors got me paid off even more. I'll take it.

I treaded water for awhile, staying out of trouble until this happened.....

Dealt to cantseefade [ Ad, Ah ]
MasterTrav folds.
dejamike raises (60) to 60
HALFRUNNER calls (60)
Magione folds.
cantseefade raises (200) to 200
bluechar folds.
CajunPlayboy folds.
RockinROBT folds.
kkpb7576 folds.
dejamike calls (140)
HALFRUNNER calls (140)

Hmmm... I got rockets and two people are betting into me and call my 5x big blind raise. Perhaps they haven't noticed that I've only played three hands so far. That a Y.P. for them.

** Dealing Flop ** : [ As, 7h, 2h ]

Nice. All the elements for slow-playing are not met as there is a heart draw out, but I still want to maximize my profits on this one. Maybe someone is playing the hammer against me?

dejamike checks.
HALFRUNNER checks.
cantseefade bets (125)
dejamike calls (125)
HALFRUNNER folds.

Well I got one sucker along for the ride... time to push all-in no matter what the next card is.

** Dealing Turn ** : [ Jc ]

dejamike bets (540)dejamike is all-In.
cantseefade calls (540)

Hmmm... he does it first. Does he have Aces and Jacks?

** Dealing River ** : [ Js ]
Creating Main Pot with $1975 with dejamike
dejamike balance 0, lost 865 [ Kd 7d ] [ two pairs, jacks and sevens -- As,Jc,Js,7d,7h ]
cantseefade balance 2820, bet 865, collected 1975, net +1110 [ Ad Ah ] [ a full house, Aces full of jacks -- Ad,Ah,As,Jc,Js ]

Nope, he cold-called a my pre-flop raise with K7, and pushed all-in with a pair of 7's with two overcards on the board. It's like fighting a tank with a pea-shooter. Forget what I said earlier, I love Party Poker.......

Summary----------Played on : 09 March 2005 05:12 PMOn Table : Table 11743Game Type : Texas HoldemBuy-In : $30Fee : $3
You finished in position 1
1st place - cantseefade - $150
2nd place - MasterTrav - $90
3rd place - HALFRUNNER - $60

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home